Wed, 07 Jun|
The Ark Conference Centre, Basingstoke
Food Safety Study Day
Food Safety Study Day for hospitals - to coincide with World Food Safety Day 2023. Organised by the Hospital Caterers Association Wessex Branch and sponsored by Inspectrum Food Safety, this is event is open to HCA members, and non members from healthcare.
Time & Location
07 Jun 2023, 10:00 – 16:00
The Ark Conference Centre, Basingstoke, Dinwoodie Dr, Basingstoke RG24 9NN, UK
About the event
Food Safety Study Day
Hospital Caterers Association (HCA) Wessex branch are delighted to host this ‘Food Safety Study Day for Hospitals’, to coincide with World Food Safety Day on 7th June.
This informative day focuses on this fundamental and important aspect of patient, staff and customer feeding. Join us to be up to date on current developments, gain and exchange ideas, and meet industry colleagues.
The day brings together a knowledgeable array of speakers, representing organisations working together to each play their part with safe food – from supply and procurement through to catering, NHS England and consultants experienced in the healthcare field.
Speakers and topics
Watch out for updates to the speaker and event programme, which presently includes:
‘Listeria guidance for caterers and Incidents/outbreaks investigation'
Narriman Looch – Head of Food Hygiene and Foodborne Disease Control Branch – Food Standards Agency
Tina Potter - Head of Incidents - Food Standards Agency
‘Food safety standards - NHS England’
Philip Shelley – Senior Operational Manager – NHS England
‘Food safety standards - food manufacturing for vulnerable groups’
Tom Hollands - Innovation & Technical Director - Raynor Foods, and representative of the British Sandwich Association
'The importance of food safety in procurement'
Kirstin Morris - Head of Commercial - NHS Supply Chain: Food
'Communicating to the food hyper-sensative patient/visitor and near miss reporting'
Caroline Benjamin - Director - Food Allergy Aware
‘Food safety culture'’
Fiona Sinclair (Branch Secretary) - Director - Inspectrum Food Safety
‘Dysphagia, choking and IDDSI’
Janne Schack - Speech & Language Therapist - Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust
Panel Q&A - ‘Food Safety Standards – the perspective of Catering leads’
HCA Wessex Committee:
· Andy Whittingham (Branch Chair) - Head of Catering Operations - University Hospitals Dorset
· Iain Robertson (Branch Director) – Catering Operations Manager – Solent NHS Trust
· Steve Fullwood (Branch Treasurer) – Deputy Support Services Manager Catering - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
· HCA members: We are pleased to offer this event free of charge for HCA Members and it is open to all branches – please provide your registration number during online registration.
· Non HCA members: The event is also open to healthcare professionals who are not HCA members. A small fee of £30 is applicable for non-members. Payments can be made online, or via invoice - please do supply a purchase order PO if required.
· To book, please register at www.inspectrumfoodsafety.co.uk/event
· The venue is the Ark Conference Centre – Dinwoodie Drive, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 9NN – within the grounds of Basingstoke & North Hampshire Hospital.
· By train: The venue is an approximately 10 minute taxi ride from Basingstoke train station.
· By car: The venue is close to the M3. The Ark Centre has its own car park, and parking is also available in the hospital visitor car parks.
· Delegates are welcome to arrive from 9.30am onwards for refreshment and registration, for a prompt 10am start.
· The day will finish by 4pm.
· Refreshments will be provided at the venue during the morning and afternoon.
· Lunch will kindly be provided courtesy of the catering team at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, whose Rendezvous restaurant is adjacent to the Ark Conference Centre.
Allergies & intolerances
· Please do let us know if you have any allergies, intolerances or other special dietary requirements so that we can make appropriate arrangements for you.
· There is a field to capture this on the event registration form, or contact us direct:
Should you have any questions please contact:
· Fiona Sinclair – Branch Secretary/Director Inspectrum Food Safety: 07548 454033 firstname.lastname@example.org or another member of the Wessex branch Committee -
Andy Whittingham, Iain Robertson, Steve Fullwood, Pat Cooper.
· For more information about the venue please see: www.arkcentre.com
The World Health Organisation (WHO) launched World Food Safety Day in 2019, to draw attention and inspire action to help prevent and manage food borne risks and contribute to human health.
Annually all sorts of organisations across the world mark this day - often turned into a week! Every year there is a theme which for this year is ‘food standards save lives’.
HCA Wessex Branch look forward to welcoming you to mark World Food Safety Day 2023!
Study Day HCA member
Food Safety Study day£0.00
Study Day non HCA member£30.00